Monday, June 27, 2011

Red Olives - Powai, Mumbai

Where is it: Powai, Hiranandani, Mumbai



After a hectic & long week at work and a particular harrowing day, my hubby and I headed for a cozy dinner,simply catch up with each other. So on a friend’s recommendation, we arrived at Red Olives.My objective to have a good evening with him was successfully met,but I was a little disoriented with the food.Firstly, I couldn't identify what was the exactly was this restaurant’s specialty. Is it Indian or Thai or Chinese or Konkani or Kerala cuisine, as it all seemed to be there.Irrespective of the cuisine type, the menu at a glance, seemed to have more interesting offerings for the non-veggie taste buds.Also this particular day, most of our ordering went all wrong.



For starters, we went ahead with a Chinesse recommendation from the staff,whose name I unfortunately don’t recall.Well,it was actually alright in taste but I found it extremely spicy,so stopped after chomping down 1 or 2 pieces of it.However, I observed that Mihir merrily gobbled down almost all of the starters that were ordered, which was handsome in quantity,while I patiently waited for the main course.For the main course, we decided not to experiment too much and decided to go ahead with the tranditional Thai curry and steam rice.I just cant point my finger on what went wrong, but I ate it purely as I was hungry and not because I was relishing it.The steam rice by the time arrived on our table was little cold, making it dry and also something in the curry was amiss. But again my observation was my hubby ate everything on his plate but he too felt the food was strictly alright.



However, before concluding, a few good things worth mentioning like the decor, cozy and warm with tables fairly spaced out, very likeable.Next, I enjoyed my my white rum cocktail, with a really tasty version of cheeslings that was served to accompany the drink.



Will I go back? Mostly No. With so many options in Powai, something very drastic will need to happen or some strong, reliable recommendation on another cuisine, to drag me there again.



Will I recommend? Yes, but only to the non-vegetarians as that menu looked very interesting & if someone is keen to try some other cuisine that they are serving and then tell me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment